Low Cost, Low Power, 10 Gigabit performances
With only 8.0 Watts typical power consumption (full duplex to 100 meters), the TN9210-TB2 is the first bus-powered 10GBase-T ThunderboltTM 2 adapter prototype available. It offers attractive cost and small size required for the consumer market.
The ideal solution for Apple products, thin Ultrabook computers and other ThunderboltTM technology equipped devices, which seek to communicate with an existing Ethernet infrastructure while coping with the increasing demand for higher network bandwidth.
The TN9210-TB2 Adapter reference design hosts the Tehuti's new 3rd generation TN4010 controller, an optimized 10 Gigabit Ethernet MAC designed for low-power, low-cost, single-port connectivity. The TN4010 MAC is paired with the Marvell® Alaska® 88X3110 transceiver, a lowpower, high-performance 10 Gigabit Ethernet PHY, to enable tri-speed connectivity over low-cost standard Cat-6a Ethernet cabling.
Thunderbolt™ is the fastest, most versatile connection to your PC with transfer speeds up to 10Gbps delivered across two bi-directional channels*.
The combination creates a new gateway to cost-conscious consumer applications, as well as to intensive data environments.
- Tri-Speed 10G/1G/100M Base-T
- Low Cost, Low Power, 10 Gigabit performance
- Standard Cat-6a Cabling (Cat-5e and Cat-6 compliant to Link Segment specifications)
- EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet)
- 16K Jumbo Frames
- IP, TCP, UDP checksum offloading
- RMON statistics
- IEEE 802.1Q Tagged VLAN
- Reduced CPU utilization and improved throughput
- ThunderboltTM 2 technology
- Bridges ThunderboltTM connector to Ethernet networks
- OS-X, Windows and Linux drivers