10G Max Performance, More than 1G over legacy cables!
With low power consumption, the TN9710x-TB3 is the first bus-powered 10GBase-T/NBASE-T Thunderbolt™ 3 adapter.
It offers attractive cost and small size required for the consumer market.
The ideal solution for USB type-C based products such as Apple’s MacBook Pro (2016), thin Ultrabook computers and other Thunderbolt™ 3 Technology equipped devices, which seek to communicate with an existing Ethernet infrastructure while coping with the increasing demand for higher network bandwidth.
The TN9710x-TB3 Network Adapter reference design hosts the latest Tehuti TN4010 controller, an optimized 10GbE controller designed for low-power, low-cost and single-port applications. The TN4010 MAC is paired with Intel’s DSL6340 Thunderbolt™ 3 Alpine ridge Single port device and with one of the Marvell Alaska® X 88X3310P/88E2010P transceivers, single-port, low power, high performance NBASE-T PHYs devices which support the new IEEE 802.bz 5GBase-T and 2.5GBase-T standard.
The Tehuti adapter reference design supports auto-negotiation allowing the NBASE-T solution to optimally select the best speed: 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE), 5 Gigabit Ethernet (5GbE), 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (2.5GbE), 1Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) or 100 Megabit Ethernet (100MbE) over Cat5e/Cat6 or better cabling.
- USB Type-C and Thunderbolt™3 technology: One port to connect them all
- IEEE 802.3an 10G, 1G and 100M over up to 100m of Cat6a (or better) cables
- IEEE P802.3bz (NBASE-T) 5G and 2.5G over up to 100m of Cat5e (or better) cables
- Low Cost, Low Power, 10 Gigabit performance
- 9K Jumbo Frames
- IP, TCP, UDP checksum offloading
- RMON statistics
- IEEE 802.1Q Tagged VLAN
- Virtual NIC support
- Reduced CPU utilization and improved throughput