10 Gigabit Performance, More than 1G over legacy cables!
Designed to support high-volume enterprise wireless local-area network (WLAN) OEM systems requiring multi-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, such as 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless access points, the TN9710x adapter reference design offers a low-power, small form factor and low cost solution enabling pervasive NBASE-T connectivity. NBASE-T technology boosts the speed of broadly deployed Cat5e twisted pair copper cabling up to 100 meters in length well beyond the designed limits of 1Gbps.
The TN9710x Network Adapter reference design hosts the latest Tehuti TN4010 controller, an optimized 10GbE controller designed for low-power, low-cost and single-port applications. The TN4010 MAC is paired with one of the Marvell Alaska® X 88X3310P/88E2010P transceivers, single-port, low power, high performance NBASE-T PHYs devices that support IEEE 802.az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE). The Tehuti adapter reference design supports auto-negotiation allowing the
NBASE-T solution to optimally select the best speed: 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE), 5 Gigabit Ethernet (5GbE), 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (2.5GbE), 1Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) or 100 Megabit Ethernet (100MbE) over Cat5e/Cat6 or better cabling.
- Low Cost, Low Power, 10 Gigabit performance in a low profile PCIe form factor
- IEEE 802.3an 10G, 1G and 100M over up to 100m of Cat6a (or better) cables
- IEEE P802.3bz (NBASE-T) 10G, 5G, 2.5G, 1G and 100M on Cat5e (or better) cables
- PCI Express Gen-2 x4 Host Bus Interface
- 16K Jumbo Frames
- IP, TCP, UDP checksum offloading
- RMON statistics
- IEEE 802.1Q Tagged VLAN
- Virtual NIC support
- Reduced CPU utilization and improved throughput